At Paramount Dental Center, we offer oral conscious sedation, more commonly known as sedation dentistry for patients who may require this alternative during procedures.
Sedation dentistry is a safe option to help our dentists provide you with the best health care that you require and deserve. There are many benefits associated with sedation dentistry. This may be the best option if you have a strong gag reflex or if you would like to complete multiple treatments in a single extended visit. Ask our dental professionals if oral conscious sedation is right for you!
Consider sedation dentistry if you have:
- High fear or anxiety regarding the procedure
- Previous traumatic dental experiences
- Difficulty reaching the required level of numbness
- A strong gag reflex
- Very sensitive teeth
- Complex dental issues that require complex care
- Limited time to complete multiple procedures
The levels of sedation used include:
- Minimal Sedation — you are awake but will feel relaxed and calm
- Moderate Sedation/Conscious Sedation — you may slur your words when speaking and not remember much of the procedure
- Deep Sedation — you are on the edge of unconsciousness but can still be awakened
- General Anesthesia — you are completely unconscious
The professional team members at Paramount Dental Center are well trained in sedation dentistry, and we are prepared to accommodate your unique requirements. We are here to ensure that your visit to our practice is a great experience! With sedation dentistry, you will wake up with a beautiful and healthy new smile. You can be confident that you are in the best care with our dental team.
If you are looking for sedation dentistry in Kirkland and Seattle, Washington, please give us a call today for more information from Dr. Colin Del Rosario, Dr. Alfadhli Abu or Dr. Kathryn Parker.